We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Committee Meeting Monday 20 June 2022


Minutes of Ramsey Bowls Club Committee Meeting
held on Monday 20 June 2022 at 2.00pm at Ramsey Bowls Club


Barry McCormick Patsy Coles Andrea Rose
Gill Willis

Geoff Rose Martin Francis Lyn Fraser Les Collyer

 Apologies  None

Vice President Treasurer
Green Liaison Officer Match Secretary

Minutes of previous meeting  Agreed

  1. Matters from previous minutes

    •   The cost of the league Triples is still ongoing

    •   The new seats are now in place

  2. Presidents Report

    •   Kings and Queens went very well, thanks to all involved

    •   It was an excellent BBQ, it was well attended and costumes

      were great.

    •   Big Bowls Weekend went well.

  3. Vice President’s Report

    •   Patsy wanted to share Ramsey’s successes. All doing really


    •   Martin, Barry Mc, Barry Stevens and Richard are all

      representing the county

    •   Jill, Patsy, Irene, Ali Y, Gill and Tracy are all representing the


    •   Lots of people in the semis competitions

    •   We are receiving lots of compliments and have lots to

      celebrate going forward.

  4. Treasurer’s Report

  •   There is £2672.22 in the bank at the moment.

  •   Fi’s membership was paid as she won that at the Dinner.

  •   £445 for one seat will be paid out this week.

  •   Martin asked for a proper set of accounts to be presented at

    each meeting.

  •   After much discussion on this issue it was agreed it is helpful

    to have a brief summary of income and expenditure at each meeting in writing. Andrea already does this verbally at each meeting.

  •   A vote was taken and it was passed that we would only have a full set of accounts at the AGM.Green’s Officer’s Report

    •   The green is looking very good and when teams come there

      are very good comments on the condition of it.

    •   Geoff W has put seed in the patches regularly and this is

      growing really well.

    •   Martin will email members to say we will play from clubhouse

      to fence to give the patches chance to grow.

    •   Les said every team that comes here comments on how

      excellent the green is.Social Secretary’s Report

      •   BBQ went really well

      •   Just Bury v Ramsey and Bacon butties on last day to


      •   We might do our own evening after the Triples weekend, a

        karaoke was mentioned!!Secretary’s Report

 Red Tile have sent £445 for the cost of one seat. The Bowls

Club will pay the equivalent. The Club will pay it and then

they can claim back the VAT.

  •   Barry will put a report in to the next edition of The Informer.

  •   We will put a plaque on one seat to acknowledge that it was

    funded by The Red Tile Wind Farm.

  •   Gill will email Glenys to see if they still wish to use Ramsey

    for the Benevolent Triples.

    Match Secretary’s Report

  •   Club games have started.

  •   First round of Men’s League Triples has to be played by 15

    July. It is away to Eynesbury.

Stocker has to be played by 31 July. Waiting for Hemingford B to give some dates.

Captain’s Reports

Barry said all going well with the A team.
Les is happy with everything. Have some new players who have come in and others who want to play. He will strongly object to playing twice a week if that happens next year.
Gill said A team are doing Ok. Have won 2 and lost 1. Patsy’s team is doing well and are 3rd but still finding it difficult to get a team although does manage it each week. Barry Stevens has resigned as Captain of the Millicent Gold team and Patsy has taken it over for this season. At the moment we are 4th.
Keith reported that the Millicent Scarlet have had a good start and have won 4 games out of 5. This leaves them in 3rd place with 22 points.
So far only had 2 friendlies, Sawtry and Yaxley. Other clubs are finding it difficult to get teams unfortunately.

Open Triples

There are 18 teams this year. The schedule is done. The first session will have 10 teams and play at 10.30 and the 2nd session will have 8 teams and start at 11.15.
Sarah will do lunch for £6.
The prize money will now be £75 for 1st place and £30 for 2nd. This is reduced because we are 6 teams short.
It was agreed by all that we would only have a final this year and there would not be a play off for 3rd and 4th place.

Roll ups

All going OK. It was decided that we do not need 2 people for the rota, so Gill will do a new rota for July and August with only I of us.

Payments System

Martin said we need new forms designing with terms and conditions. The Board are looking in to this and they will be added to our form when they are done.
All forms relating to new members are now in clubhouse, welcome letter, membership application form and GDPR form. Les has provide a box which will be in there with them

in. If you sign up a new member though please do not leave them in the box but hand them to Gill.

New Members Follow Ups

It was felt that we do not integrate new members well enough. There was much discussion on how we should do this...should we contact members when they do not renew? Should we message them for feedback? Should new people be shown how to bowl correctly?
It was decided that Barry would send an email around to members asking for suggestions on how we can improve on this.

Junior Members

We have 2 youngsters and their Mum has joined so they can play. Patsy is concerned they are coming down but not using the green correctly. The parent had been asked to contact a member before bringing them down and also to maybe bring them to watch but she had not done this.

Gill will look into whether we can get any grants for junior woods.

Marker’s Kit

The kit still needs callipers, feeler gauges and string with pegs for ditch measuring.
Martin will attempt to make a ditch measurer and Barry will price the other 2 items.


The cupboard in the changing room is still not being locked and the outside door is being left open. Gill will email to remind members to lock the cupboard after playing and to close the door while on the green.

There has been no problem with Rotary regarding not being able to use the green.
Keith asked if he could use excess money from the Millicent to treat his team at the end of the season. Gill will email him to inform him that all money must go to Andrea and cannot be used for this purpose.

Barry will email the men who play in the league informing them which matches will be ending with food.

Next meeting will be Tuesday 13 September at 2.00pm