Accept and Continue

Cookies on this site

This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

Minutes held on 16/05/2022

RAMSEY BOWLS CLUB

Minutes of Ramsey Bowls Club Committee Meeting held on Monday 16 May 2022 at 2.30pm at Ramsey Bowls Club

PRESENT:

Barry McCormick Patsy Coles Andrea Rose
Gill Willis

Geoff Rose Martin Francis Lyn Fraser Les Collyer

1. Apologies

None

President
Vice President Treasurer
Secretary
Green Liaison Officer Match Secretary

  1. Minutes of previous meeting  Agreed

  2. Matters from previous minutes

    For the League Triples they don’t want to pay more than £100 for the refreshments and Sarah can’t do it for that. There is an executive meeting on 8 June and John McKinnie will put it to them again about the cost.

    The sprinklers are now coming on at 9.00pm.
    The Red Tile Wind Farm have approved to up the grant for the new seats.

  3. President’s Report

    Barry thanked everyone for their help in setting up for the Eastern Counties game and for their help throughout the day.

  4. Vice President’s Report

    Nothing to report at this time

  5. Treasurer’s Report

    The account stands at £2917.22 in the bank. There is about £500 needed for competition prizes and engraving.
    Dizzie would like a hoodie and we can order 4 more at the reduced price. It was agreed the men would run the raffle cards on the League nights they are doing food

7. Green Officer’s Report

The green has improved now that is being regularly watered. Geoff pointed out that it is his responsibility to decide if the green is playable and not up to the captains. Geoff W is in regular contact with Richard Shilling as to what needs doing each week. He does verti-cut it when he has time.

They will be doing the leather jacket treatment this week.

8. Social Secretary’s Report

The BBQ is sorted for the Jubilee, there will be lamb burgers, chorizo sausages, chicken thighs and beef brisket. The Board will subsidise the cost so it will be £10 a ticket. They will be on sale behind the bar

The Kings v Queens match will start at 2.30pm with the BBQ at about 5.00pm to coincide with the golfers finishing their match.
Open Triples will be 26 June and the cost will be £30 a team. There will be a buffet of sandwiches, crisps and sausage rolls. The prizes will be £99 and £48. We will have a spider and a raffle.

There are 52 people for the Murder Mystery Evening.
Jenny has approached Patsy about a Rotary evening. This will be discussed further in item 15.

9. Secretary’s Report

Bob Morton had sent an email thanking the Club for the use of the green and the excellent buffet on the Eastern Counties day.
Richard Kelly sent an email to say thank you to all the volunteers who are working hard and are keeping the green and the surrounds neat and tidy.

Glenys Cousins asked for a club to host the Benevolent Triples. Gill will ask Sarah for a price for cheese/ham salad and a dessert. Gill will provisionally book the green and dining room for 13 August.

  1. Match Secretary’s Report

    Nothing to report on matches this time. Club competitions are ready to go.

  2. Captain’s Reports

    Barry thanked Les for helping them out with players...he is happy with the start.

Les is finding a lot of the players are not taking it seriously and are not committed. A lot came to practice sessions but then quickly dropped out. Playing twice a week has been a nightmare. The men feel it needs to change next season. Gill only has 5 teams now in the division. Only had 1 game so far and lost 2-3. A struggle getting 6 ladies each week. Patsy managed to get 6 ladies out. We may seriously have to think about only having 1 team next season as it is a struggle to get 2 full teams each week.

Millicent Childs are doing OK in both divisions. Again it is commitment that is needed

  1. Match Fees

    Ladies are not always doing refreshments. If we are doing them it is £2 per lady on home games. Will not do them if the team have not provided them when playing away. There is tea and coffee in the cupboard if they are needed so Patsy and Gill will bring milk and biscuits in case.

  2. Changing Room

    We are not covered insurance wise for bags left in the changing room and not in lockers and they are in the way when we have matches. Gill will send an email to members to ask them not to leave bags in there permanently. If they need to leave them overnight to put them under the benches. Locker money is due

    The room has been left unlocked a few times. Members need reminding to make sure everything is put away and cupboards are locked. The door should be locked when members are playing.

  3. Big Bowls Weekend

    Posters are up and Scotty has updated the banner which is now up. Thanks go to Jill for flooding Facebook with our weekend. Flyers are ready to go out. Are we having target bowls as well as normal bowls. Members other than committee members will be asked if they can help

  1. Use of Green by Masons

    There has been lots of emails between Esmond and the Club over this issue. They have been circulated to all committee members. We have evidence of the damage to the green. They were told after the game before last that there was damage to the green and players were not wearing the correct bowls footwear. We were told they would address that and make sure all was correct the next time they bowled. However not all had bowls shoes on this next occasion. It was a unanimous decision that we would not hire the green out to the Masons this year.

    It was also agreed that the green would not be hired out to any other groups.
    Barry asked Patsy if she could ask Richard to write to Rotary to say we would not be letting them use the green this year

  2. A.O.B.

    Roll ups are going OK now we are back using the card system. We have a rota but all members are happy to swap if needed.

Next meeting will be Monday 20 June at 2.15pm