We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Committee Meeting Tues 7 March 2023


Minutes of Ramsey Bowls Club Committee Meeting

held on Tuesday 7 March 2023 at 2.00pm at Ramsey Bowls Club


Barry McCormick Patsy Coles Andrea Rose

Gill Willis

Martin Francis Les Collyer Barry Sharman


Vice President Treasurer Secretary

Match Secretary Committee Member Committee Member

Before the meeting began Geoff Rose resigned from the committee as he is no longer a Bowls Member. Barry thanked him on behalf of the Bowls Club for all his years of service as Green Liaison Officer.

1. Apologies  None

2. Minutes of Previous Meeting  Agreed

3. Matters from Previous Minutes

    Club shirts have all arrived, just waiting for one payment.

    2 plaques have been ordered for the new seats from

    Stanlays at a total cost of £40. 

   The numbers have arrived for the scoreboard and SDE will

provide the board to stick them on to. Gill will arrange for them to be cut to size. Gill will mention SDE in the booklet.

4. President’s Report

    Barry again formally thanked Geoff for his work and wished

    him well for the future healthwise.

   There is an Executive HBF meeting on Friday if anyone has

   anything to bring up.

   Barry would like the clipping re the bowls club out of the

latest Informer.

   The quiz nights have been brilliant.

   Barry welcomed Barry Sharman to the committee.

5. Vice President’s Report


   The ladies changing room is being refurbished.

   There is a first aid course on Monday 27 March, so the Club will have 10 qualified first aiders.           Richard and Patsy are the

    bowlers on the course.

    The bowls room will be cleared out if no-one claims the

    property before the start of the season.

    There are CCTV signs on the building

6. Secretary’s Report

    At the time of the meeting there are 73 paid up members.

    Gill had looked in to having the booklets published by St Ives

    Quick Print to save having to do them at home. The cost would be roughly £100 and it costs            almost £60 for paper and print cartridges. It was agreed to have them printed with a gold cover.

    Gill will send a thank you to Kirsty, Roy’s daughter thanking her for the money to buy a bench.     Gill will order the bench through the Club.

    Gill had sent a card to Geoff Dudley as he had broken his hip.

    The main board outside the clubhouse is in a terrible state and needs replacing. Stuart has   looked at it and will get a price from his brother for a new one. The logo will match the clubhouse  sign.

7. Treasurer’s Report

    There is £1901.02 in the account.

     £380 has been paid out to Hunts County Bowls.

    £100 to Martin towards his expenses as EBA President.

    Payment has been made to Bowls Bi Us for the shirts.

8. Social Secretary’s Report

   On Saturday 1 April there will be 2 roll ups at 10.30am and

   2.00pm. so everyone can get a game. Martin will block out

    all rinks.

      There will bacon rolls at Roll-up on 4April. It will be £5f or a bacon

      buttie’s and a drink.

      Plans are going ahead for Sunday 7 May, which is

      Coronation weekend. There will be a golf competition and we will do our Ladies v Gents. The     bowlers will then be able to have a go on the putting green and the golfers can try bowling. There will then be a BBQ to finish the day. The


      Club will try to stream the concert coming from Windsor and

      maybe have some live music.

      As we had already had Kings and Queens it was decided to

      not have a theme as such but just ask bowlers to wear

      something to reflect the coronation.

      The last quiz will be 7 April.

      The last Friday meet up will be 17 March.

      The Open triples will be 25 June. The cost will be £15 for

      jacket potato with a choice of fillings.

     We will do a membership raffle again this year and it will be

     drawn at the dinner.

9.  Green Officer’s Report




10.  As Geoff has now resigned Geoff W will report on the Green.


11.   Match Secretary’s Report

       Martin thanked the committee for the £100 towards his expenses.

       Martin will email the ladies to see if they would enter the Round Robin competition this year        as last year it wasn’t played.

      It was decided not to hold the Mixed Pairs this year but just have the Open Pairs.

     We have entered Men and Women Top Club, Tony Alcock, Durham Cup, Stocker Cup and   League Triples so far.

Martin will see if we have enough members to make up 1 or 2 teams for the Sawtry Sykes Vase.

The EBA Affiliation Fee will increase from £5 to £7 next season.


12.  Honours Boards

There are some mistakes on the Honours Boards, Stuart will be asked to correct them. We do not have boards for Open Pairs, Maiden Cup and Aussie Pairs. If we had them made it might be a problem where we put them as there is not a lot of wall space available.

Coronation Weekend

This has already been covered.


13.  Website contact


Martin will change the contact name for anyone wanting information about the Bowls Club to Gill.

Social Media Groups

14.  After much discussion it was agreed that Ramsey Bowls Club Whats App should only be for present Club members. Patsy would remove anyone who isn’t a paid up member. This would only be the Club Whats app and the Bowlers Blog wouldn’t be affected.

Millicent Childs

15. A member had brought up the question of team selection for the Millicent Childs Team. After much discussion it was agreed that Gill would write to the member and explain that the teams are picked on merit each week.


16. A.O.B

There is 1 locker available to rent.

Les has got 30 scratchcards for the Mens league so will give them a try on the first home game.


Next meeting will be Monday 17 April at 10.30 am