Accept and Continue

Cookies on this site

This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

Minutes from 22/03/2022

Ramsey Bowls Club

Minutes of Ramsey Bowls Club Committee Meeting

held on Tuesday 22 March 2022 at 2.30pm at Ramsey Bowls Club

Present:

    Barry McCormick        President

    Patsy Coles                 Vice President

    Andrea Rose              Treasurer

    Gill Willis                    Secretary

    Geoff Rose                Green Liaison Officer   

    Martin Francis           Match Secretary

    Lyn Fraser

Apologies

    Les Collyer

Minutes of Previous meeting

    Agreed

Matters from previous minutes

    Still no conformation from mens secretary about which teams are doing food for the league.

    Gill to add wearing of maroon shorts for EBA matches to the Constitution.

    The first batch of sweatshirts have been received.

Presidents Report

    Barry reported that the clubhouse will be decorated in the winter and quotes are ongoing.

    Dizzy will ask a junior to come down to the club for photos to promote the sweatshirts

    The county books and cards have been received for the men and are being given out.

Vice Presidents Report

    Nothing to report at this time

Treasurer’s Report

    The account stands at £3229.72 which includes £500 from Dizzy and members payments for the hoodies.

    Paid £914.88 for the hoodies.

Green Officer’s Report

    The new sprinklers are in.

    Richard said he is still thinking about the timing as there are now 17 sprinklers.

    He is trying to fit us in at night after 10pm.

    Will bring up at next board meeting if it hasn’t happened.

    Further discussion about the patches resulted in agreeing to not use rink 3 for the moment.

Social Secretary’s Report

    Patsy organised a coffee morning where 7 ladies came along including 2 of the newer ladies.

    There are 40 member down for the roll-up on 1 April and rink will be drawn.

    The Friday evening gatherings wasn’t well attended.

Match Secretary’s Report

    There is a form on the website for members to complete if they wish to enter the club competitions.

    Martin will email members to say if they enter on line and they give Andrea a cheque they need to include their name and the        competitions they are paying for.

Club Competition Sign-up

    Covered in agenda item Match Secretaries Report.

Club Competitions Format

    All pairs matches will be 18 ends

    EBA have reduced pairs to 3 bowls but it was agreed that we would keep to 4.

    Geoff Willis will be asked to change the Whittlesey Friendly on 3 June as we have Ladies v Gents on that day.

Roll-up Rota

    Gill will send round to the committee for then to fill in dates they are available in May and June.

Final Preparations for opening Morning

    Barry will make new numbers for where they are needed.

    Andrea and Geoff will put out all the markers.

    Patsy will sort out the cards for members to choose the rinks.

Big Bowls Weekend

    This will be the 28 and 29 May.

    Gill has registered the club with Bowls England

    Barry and Jill Francis will advertise in papers and online.

Club Members Promotion Drive

    Paul Judge will be heading up small committee and he will contact Jill Francis who has agreed to represent the Bowls Club section.

Masons Using the Green

    Patsy has been asked by Esmond Edwards if the Masons can use the green again.

    It was agreed that we would have to decline and say it is not available for their use.

    Gill will email Esmond to that effect.

A.O.B.

    Lyn asked if the rose garden can be looked after when she is not available… it will be looked after by the gardening club.

    17 May there are 3 rinks needed for Men’s league, 2 Senior Singles County matches and 2 County Mixed Triples matches.  Barry will speak to Les as he will not have priority over the rinks.

    Martin will put a sign up in the Clubhouse showing the priority of rink choice.

    4 September Ramsey is booked to host EBF Eastern Counties Match.   Barry will check the price they will pay for food.

    We will be reliving some money from the Club in compensation for all member not receiving a refund during civid.  This will be shared with the golf section.  It is not known how much but maybe can think of some ideas for spending it.

Next meeting will be Monday 16 May at 2pm